With the winter months in full swing, that only means one thing – SOUP season and this Zucchini and Almond Soup Recipe is one not to miss.
Who doesn’t love about a nice warm bowl of soup to keep us going during our work days or to help us wind down in the evening. Green vegetables like zucchini are a great plant-based source of iron, alongside almonds being rich in iron and calcium.
Including a nice dollop of natural yoghurt provides us with some additional protein and calcium to top off this tummy-hugging dish and if training hard, it’s also important to remember to refuel and top up those carb stores by consuming 1-2 slices of wholegrain bread on the side.
If you’re feeling extra hungry why not try a cup of this soup alongside a sandwich of your choice.
Zucchini and Almond Soup
- Serves: 2 people
- Prep Time: 5-10minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Macronutrient Information (per serve / bread not included):
- 472kcal (1976KJ)
- 17.6g Protein
- 18.7g Carbs
- 34.1g Fat (4.1g of which saturates)
Macronutrient Information (per serve / bread included):
- 516kcal (2158KJ)
- 19.1g Protein
- 25.7g Carbs
- 34.7g Fat (4.3g of which saturates)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 80g flaked almonds
- 600ml vegetable stock (low salt)
- Pinch mixed herbs
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Natural Yoghurt to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, leek and zucchini and sauté for about 5 minutes or until they start to soften.
- Add most of the flaked almonds (reserving few for garnish), the vegetable stock, pinch of mixed herbs and some salt and pepper.
- Bring boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool a little before blending until smooth.
- Reheat over a low heat. Season to taste and top each bowl with generous serving of natural yoghurt and the remaining flaked almonds.
- Enjoy with slice of wholegrain bread.
How Do I Book An Appointment with Precision Physio for Help?
We’re taking the health of our clients, members and staff very seriously and our preference would be for you to call to book an appointment so that we can make sure to explain our approach to keeping you safe. You can call any of these numbers to schedule a session:
- Precision Physio Concord: 02 9736 3950
- Precision Physio St Marys: 02 9623 2220
- Precision Physio Mt Druitt: 02 9188 2552
Evolving with the current environment, we are also now offering online appointments, meaning that we can support anyone who is unable to leave their home. Sessions are done via our state of the art Telehealth system and as long as you have a laptop or tablet with an inbuilt camera, or a phone with camera, we can help! Online consultations would be especially effective for Nutrition and Diet based session.
To learn more about online consultations, please call us on any of the numbers listed above.