If you are anything like us, Christmas dessert is too good to pass up, but what’s a good option for someone who’s paying attention to what they eat?
These galettes are one of our favourite dessert recommendations as they are far lighter in calories than a traditional Christmas dessert, super easy to make and packed full of vitamins thanks to the fruit.
They are also completely customizable – choose your favourite fruits, or mix things up and serve a completely different dessert option at each of your Christmas gatherings.
- 6 portions
- 6g protein (serve with greek yoghurt to increase protein!)
- 30g Carbohydrate
- 9g Fat
- 1 Sheet Light Puff Pastry
- Crumble Base:
- 60g ground pistachios
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 peach
- ½ cup mixed berries
- ½ cup cherries or strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Egg wash:
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp Demerara sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- On a lightly floured surface, shape the puff pastry into a large circle
- Combine the pistachios (ground), caster sugar, flour and lemon zest in a small bowl
- Slice the peaches (and fruit of choice) and combine with the mixed berries and vanilla paste
- Spread the pistachio mix onto the puff pastry circle (leaving approximately 3-4 cm on the edge of the pastry sheet)
- Spread the fruit mixture evenly over the pistachio layer
- Fold the pastry border over to form a ‘pie’
- Use a pastry brush to brush the visible edges of pastry with the egg wash mixture
- Sprinkle the Demerara sugar on the edges of the pastry
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes until the pastry is golden and fruit is soft
- Leave to sit for at least 10 minutes prior to serving
It’s that easy!!
If you have any other great healthy recipes that are packed with flavour, we’d love to know.
At Precision Physio we know the importance of Nutrition and for that reason we have our own in house Dietitian’s. If you would like more information, or feel you might benefit from a session with with a Dietitian, you can either come into our clinic, or work with us online.
If you enjoyed this article, you may also like our Protein Cookie Recipe.
How Do I Book An Appointment with Precision Physio for Help?
We’re taking the health of our clients, members and staff very seriously and our preference would be for you to call to book an appointment so that we can make sure to explain our approach to keeping you safe. You can call any of these numbers to schedule a session:
Evolving with the current environment, we are also now offering online appointments, meaning that we can support anyone who is unable to leave their home. Sessions are done via our state of the art Telehealth system and as long as you have a laptop or tablet with an inbuilt camera, or a phone with camera, we can help! Online consultations would be especially effective for Nutrition and Diet based session.
To learn more about online consultations, please call us on any of the numbers listed above.