You know that in winter you’re more susceptible to illness given the cold and often wet temperatures, but did you know just how much increasing your vegetable intake can help combat this?
Vegetables are loaded with nutrients and are a great source of vitamins and minerals that help with our immune system, so to help you boost yours, check out our super healthy and super delicious Roast Vegetable Soup Recipe.
Roast Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 55 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 10.5g Protein
- 55g Carbs
- 9g Fat
- 1 Butternut Pumpkin
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Carrots
- 1 large Brown Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Nutmeg to taste
- Cinnamon to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Greek Yoghurt to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan forced) and line baking trays with baking paper
- Dice the pumpkin, sweet potato, onion and carrot and place on baking trays, with garlic cloves
- Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and season with nutmeg, paprika, cinnamon and pepper to taste
- Toss the diced vegetables so that they are evenly covered in the oil and spices
- Roast the vegetables for approximately 35 minutes, or until soft/beginning to brown
- Add the roast vegetables to a pot with the honey and stock, then simmer for 15-20 minutes over medium heat
- Puree until smooth using a handheld blender (or a regular blender in batches)
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt
Enjoy, stay healthy and let us know what you think!
If you have any other great healthy recipes that are packed with flavour, we’d love to know.
At Precision Physio we know the importance of Nutrition and for that reason we have our own in house Dietitian’s. If you would like more information, or feel you might benefit from a session with with a Dietitian, you can either come into our clinic, or work with us online.
How Do I Book An Appointment with Precision Physio for Help?
We’re taking the health of our clients, members and staff very seriously and our preference would be for you to call to book an appointment so that we can make sure to explain our approach to keeping you safe. You can call any of these numbers to schedule a session:
- Customer Support Centre: 02 8607 4000
- Precision Physio Concord: 02 9736 3950
- Precision Physio St Marys: 02 9623 2220
Evolving with the current environment, we are also now offering online appointments, meaning that we can support anyone who is unable to leave their home. Sessions are done via our state of the art Telehealth system and as long as you have a laptop or tablet with an inbuilt camera, or a phone with camera, we can help! Online consultations would be especially effective for Nutrition and Diet based session.
To learn more about online consultations, please call us on any of the numbers listed above.